These yellow squash fritters make a nice, tasty alternative to hash browns or potato pancakes. Lacking the starch in potatoes, they are flimsy and delicate, so take great care when flipping them and when removing from the skillet onto a serving plate. I fry these squash fritters in butter, but if you prefer, there’s no reason not to use olive oil instead.
- 1 lb. yellow squash, unpeeled
- ½ large onion (4 oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying
- Shred squash in food processor using the shredding attachment. Place on clean towels and allow to drain for 10 minutes
- Finely chop the onion. Place in a colander to drain for 10 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Yellow Squash Fritters in healthyrecipesblogs.com