How about some vegetarian meatballs, people? You are probably feeling a little skeptical about these right now, but let me assure you – these Vegetarian Mushroom Meatballs are fantastic! They are super moist and have a wonderful earthy and nutty taste. You only have to taste these once, and they will surely end up in your “Favorites” list…
I cook a lot of vegetarian dishes, because we (my husband and I) are trying to save some animal lives. I believe that people consume way too much meat on a daily basis, and, if we all cut back on meat even a little bit, it would have a significant impact. Plus, it’s better for your health. What are your thoughts about that?
Even a major meat lover won’t be disappointed with these meatless meatballs. 🙂
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 20 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 24oz jar Ragu marinara sauce parsley to garnish
- /3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in olive oil on medium-low heat for about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, increase the heat to medium-high and cook them for 10-15 minutes. You’ll need to wait until the water evaporates and then keep cooking the mushrooms until they brown nicely. Add garlic, stir, and transfer the mushrooms into the mixing bowl. Let them cool down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients excluding marinara and parsley to the mixture. Stir the mixture nicely and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, possibly overnight for the flavors (and texture!) to develop.
You can find complete recipes of this VEGETARIAN MUSHROOM MEATBALLS in cooktoria.com