Avocado pizza with Avocado Sauce?! Yes! Yes! And more Yes! Can you tell I’m screaming with joy?
I love, love avocados and find every way I can to incorporate more of them into my dishes. Have you tried the avocado eggrolls with the most amazing dipping sauce at Cheesecake Factory? Avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, and cilantro stuffed in a crispy won ton wrapper, served with tamarind-cashew dipping sauce. They are to die for! That’s where the inspiration for my pizza came from as I wanted to incorporate similar flavors of the eggrolls but also use a lighter approach with this dish.
Skinny and by skinny I mean puff pasty thin crust, baked with pizza pesto, which is a burst of gazillion flavors such as garlic, cashews, cilantro, cumin, turmeric just to name a few. Sweet, zesty, savory, and a little gooey. You name it. Topped with avocado, red tomatoes, and red onion.
Oh and don’t get me started on the Avocado Sauce! Blend of garlic, cilantro and avocado drizzled over the pizza. It also makes a great dipping sauce for about anything!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets from 17.3 oz/1.1 lbs. pkg. which has two sheets but I only used one), thawed out overnight in refrigerator
- 1½ firm-ripe avocados, cubed ½ inch
- 2 med. tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced ½ inch
- ½ med. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⅓ cups shredded Italian Five Cheese blend
- 3 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. honey
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until throughly mixed.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until throughly mixed. You may need to stop the food processor and scrape the sides to blend all ingredients well.
You can find complete recipes of this SKINNY AVOCADO PIZZA in littlebroken.com