This is the most RIDICULOUS Chocolate Cake I’ve ever made…seriously delicious, super easy and crazy moist (sorry). There is so much to love about this cake!
You all know I am not opposed to using a cake mix from time to time. I, personally, look at cake mixes like any other ingredient. I don’t use them all the time, as I find making a cake from scratch is just as easy, but there are times when there is no substitute. Today is an example of that.
The base for this stupid-good cake is a chocolate cake mix. It’s not negotiable. There is a time and place for “from scratch” cakes, I totally agree, but not today.
Now that we are all on the same cake mix page, let’s talk a little more about this slice of perfection. The texture is so soft…I mean we add pudding mix, sour cream and a whole load of chocolate chips. You honestly could skip the frosting and dust it with a little powdered sugar if you feel so inclined, but since frosting-skipping is against my religion I won’t press the issue.
It’s the perfect little cake to take to any party, or even whip up on a weeknight. I REALLY want you to try this one.
RIDICULOUS CHOCOLATE CAKEINGREDIENTS
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease a 10- inch bundt pan with butter or shortening and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine all the cake ingredients. Mix on low for 30 seconds until combined and then on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the cake is set. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake plate. Cool completely before frosting.
You can find complete recipes of this RIDICULOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE in cookiesandcups.com