Capture the pure taste of summer with this pasta. The secret: using raw tomatoes that have never seen the inside of a refrigerator.
- 2 1/4 pounds unrefrigerated ripe tomatoes (preferably plum)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (from 2 garlic cloves), plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti or spaghettini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Finely chop tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic, and mix together with oil (or pulse ingredients, including oil, in a food processor to blend).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and toss it in a serving bowl with the raw sauce.
- Transfer to 6 shallow bowls, and drizzle with oil. Serve with cheese.
- Enjoy !
You can find complete recipes of this Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce in marthastewart.com