Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Shrimp and Rice – easy, light dinner, with so much flavor! Prep takes only 10 minutes, you cook everything in one pan (about 30 minutes total), and the cleanup is really minimal (only one pan to clean!)
It’s Summer, and I really crave simple, light recipes that are perfect to eat in the hot weather. This shrimp + rice dish is perfect for warm Summer nights.
I used large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined. The shrimp is cooked in olive oil with minced garlic and then coated with fresh lime juice and cilantro – YUM! It is then nestled on top of cilantro-lime black bean rice.
Here is how to cook this shrimp rice: First, cook raw shrimp, sprinkled with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and minced garlic in a large skillet on medium heat, stirring once or twice, on medium heat, about 3-4 minutes total, until pink in color. Remove shrimp from the skillet to a plate.
Lime Black Bean Shrimp and RiceINGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice (or use any rice that says on the package that it takes 15 minutes to cook it)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed + extra
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped + extra
- Heat large skillet until hot on medium heat. Add olive oil – it should run easily but not sizzle or burn.
- Add shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet, making sure it doesn’t crowd, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes over shrimp.
- Cook shrimp, stirring once or twice, on medium heat, about 3-4 minutes total, until pink in color.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet to a plate.
You can find complete recipes of this Lime Black Bean Shrimp and Rice in juliasalbum.com