Stop what you are doing and make this Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake right now! It is the most AMAZING pound cake we’ve ever eaten!! It is so light and full of great lemon flavor. I took one bite and knew I was in trouble. SO good! The lemon glaze really puts this over the top. We served this with some whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. This would be a great dessert to take to a potluck. I guarantee there won’t be any leftovers!
The recipe is hot off the press from Melissa’s Southern Cookbook. The book is written and photographed by my friend, Melissa Sperka. There are over 100 recipes for breakfasts, quick-and-easy family dinners, and appetizers for more sophisticated affairs. I’ve bookmarked tons of recipes to try over the next few months. If they are half as good as this Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake, we are in for a real treat!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant lemon pudding
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups butter, room temperature (3 sticks)
- 2-3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, lemon pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and pale yellow in color. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, stopping and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream. Mix until fully combined. Stir in the fresh lemon zest by hand.
You can find complete recipes of this Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake in plainchicken.com