You all knew it was coming, right? This should be no surprise?
I have been super addicted to lemon. I love cake rolls. The result? A Lemon Cake Roll!
I love my job. My job is super fun. I get to make cookies and cake rolls for lunch. I get paid to make dessert and ramble onto y’all every day. It’s pretty much a dream come true.
Sometimes I look back on my life BB (Before Blogging) and I think about all the things I used to do:
Clean my house.
Enjoy cooking dinner.
Cut Jordan’s sandwiches into hearts.
Decorate for holidays.
Celebrate holidays on time.
Purchase <insert holiday name> gifts more than 2 days before <insert holiday name>.
Not buy butter in bulk.
Now, my house is a mess, Jordan’s lucky if she gets a sandwich at lunch, and the last time I cared about doing something cute for any holiday was about 3 years ago.
And I’m sorry, people shouldn’t complain if they get Easter treats at Valentine’s Day. It’s just how it is.
I think that list doesn’t look much different than any other mom’s list, actually. Except for the butter in bulk. I buy mine in the form of 4- 4 pound packs at Costco. Monthly.
I don’t have to buy lemons in bulk. Those I get from my mother-in-law. Bless her! And you know what you can make with lemons?
A lemon cake roll.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice (about 1 medium or 1/2 large)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, to aid in rolling
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (or pie filling would work too)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll (10×15”) pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. (Use the spray with flour or actually grease and flour the foil to avoid sticking.)
- Beat eggs at high speed for 2 minutes, until frothy and dark yellow. Beat in sugar, lemon juice, and zest.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir into wet ingredients just until blended. Spread in prepared pan. Batter will be in a very thin layer and you will need to use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread it to all the corners of the pan. Bake for 9-11 minutes (mine took 10).
You can find complete recipes of this LEMON CAKE ROLL in crazyforcrust.com