We love, love, love Sour Patch Kids candies so we thought of a fun idea to make a Sour Patch Kids Cupcakes Recipe! It couldn’t have turned out any better than it did!
How To Make Sour Patch Kids Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 Cake Mix we used Pillsbury
- 3 Eggs that’s what my cake mix called for
- 1 cup Water that’s what my cake mix called for
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil that’s what my cake mix called for
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 2 cup Butter softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 8 cup Powdered Sugar
- Neon Food Coloring
- 24 Sour Patch kids Candies
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/8 cup Citric Acid I found mine in the canning section at Walmart
Make cupcakes according to your cake package directions.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and add vanilla.
Mix in the confectioners sugar one cup at a time.
Beat in the milk
Divide equally based on the number of colors you want to make.
Mix food color into each portion to achieve the desired shade.
Transfer icing to a large sized Ziploc bag or icing/piping Bag
Ice the top of each cupcake.
Mix together sugar and citric acid.
Dust the top of each cupcake with sugar mixture.
Place 1 Sour Patch Kid on top of each cupcake.
Food recipes from https://www.isavea2z.com