These Cucumber Feta Rolls are the perfect holiday appetizer!
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I really feel like the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season snuck up on me this year.
It seems busier than ever and I’m not sure why.
Maybe because my kids are getting older, which means more to do, and there was a bit of traveling during November to keep us on our toes.
I can hardly believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away.
I have two Christmas parties to attend this week!
I’m all about keeping things simple this year.
These Cucumber Feta Rolls are perfect for keeping Holiday entertaining simple.
And they’re a snap to make when you use a Mandoline Slicer to slice up the cucumbers.
I’ve never had or made Cucumber Rolls before making this recipe, but I loved the flavors of feta with kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes inside refreshing cucumbers.
The filling is super quick to whip up.
It could even be used as a dip to go with vegetables.
Think sliced cucumber rounds and bell pepper strips.
It would also be great with toasted pita chips.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER FETA ROLLS
- 2 cucumbers
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 tablespoons finely diced sundried tomatoes or red bell pepper
- 8 – 12 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped dill or oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of pepper, or to taste
- Thinly slice the cucumbers longways on a mandoline at a 2mm thick setting.
- Alternatively, you can use a vegetable peeler if you do not have a mandoline.
- Lay the cucumbers on top of a paper towel lined cutting board while you prepare the filling.
- Add the feta and yogurt to a medium bowl.
- Mash to combine using a fork.
- Add the bell pepper or sun dried tomatoes, olives, dill, lemon, and pepper to the bowl.
- Stir well to combine. In a bowl, mash the feta using a fork.
- Place 1 – 2 teaspoons of mixture at one end of a cucumber strip and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining strips. If not serving immediately, chill until ready to serve.
Food recipes from https://www.goodlifeeats.com