Honey Mustard Baked Salmon – moist, juicy and best baked salmon ever with honey mustard. Takes 10 mins active time and dinner is ready!
Little G has become a big salmon lover. He gave me three thumbs way up last week when I made him salmon teriyaki. He asked me to make more salmon recipes so I made this amazing, absolutely delicious honey mustard baked salmon for him.
Recently, I have been playing with east-meets-west cooking techniques, marrying Asian ingredients with western recipes and the end result is always so much more delicious than the original recipe. For this classic honey mustard style of cooking, I decided to give it a slight twist, with Japanese flavors.
First I marinated the salmon with garlic, honey and mustard, but added Japanese cooking sake to the salmon. Sake is Japanese rice wine and I love a bit of alcohol in my food. The sake rids the salmon of fishy smell and taste, and gives depth to the overall taste structure. To spice up this honey mustard baked salmon, I also added a good pinch of cayenne pepper, which is my secret ingredient to jazz things up.
- 12 oz salmon, cut into two pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon Japanese cooking sake, optional
- Scant 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Marinade together, whisk to combine well. Marinade the salmon for 30 minutes or best 2 hours.
You can find complete recipes of this Honey Mustard Baked Salmon in rasamalaysia.com