We are planning to go for a nice long walk Saturday at one of our favorite parks in Denver, Washington Park. It’s going to be sunny and beautiful this weekend so we are taking full advantage of it. A couple Saturdays ago when we were there we actually saw a bald eagle in one of the trees, he was out enjoying the sun just as much as we were! Nothing thrills me more than seeing wildlife up close. Recently while I was out running I came across a couple coyotes just waking up and howling in the cold morning air, you guys, it seriously made my day. I hadn’t come across any for a while so I was glad to see they were still around. I of course had to tell my husband all about it and he’s looking at me like I’m crazy. He said, “only you would stop and want to and be close to them, any other person would be hightailing it out of there.” I can’t help it, I love nature!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce, use a gluten-free version to make this recipe gluten-free, I use this
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, I used a combination of both
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, spray the inside with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let the squash cool for about 10 minutes before scooping out the strands with a fork and placing them in a bowl.
You can find complete recipes of this GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH in reciperunner.com