The pizza you get in a good Italian restaurant is like nothing else. The secret to the delicious nature of a restaurant quality pizza is the dough. For a long time I have been searching for a recipe to create dough tasty enough to rival the local pizza place and guess what!? I finally found it! It is not too crispy, not too chewy; in fact the texture is just the right balance between the two. On top of that it is completely delicious.
Just a couple of tips to ensure your dough will turn out just as good. Using warm water to stir the yeast will give you a much better start than cold water as yeast works better in warm water. The recipe states a tablespoon of sugar but some people find better results using a tablespoon of honey instead; try both and see which you prefer. Lastly, make sure you use bread flour as this contains more gluten than other flours and this will make the dough tastier.
For pizza dough
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 ¼ tsps of active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 cups of bread flour
For garlic breadsticks
- Half the dough created from pizza dough recipe
- 2 tbsps salted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- First for the pizza dough. In a large bowl, stir the yeast and sugar into the warm water. Leave it to stand for approximately 10 minutes or until the mix begins to foam.
- Add to the mixture the salt, olive oil and half of the flour and give it a good mix.
- Gradually add in the remaining flour and mix it in until you have a dough that is a bit tacky but doesn’t stick to your hands.
You can find complete recipes of this Fail-Proof Pizza Dough and Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks in alltopfood.com