This Eggroll in a Bowl recipe has all the flavors of a traditional egg roll, cooked in a skillet, without the fried wrapper! The low carb way to enjoy your favorite Chinese takeout food!
Play the new video below to see how to make my Eggroll In A Bowl recipe in action – it’s so easy!
I’ve told you in a few posts that I’ve been dabbling in the Trim Healthy Mama diet for the past two months. It’s really hard to completely stick to any diet when I have this blog to run, haha! I had about 25 lbs to lose and I’m 15 down now, so I would say that it works – it just comes off slowly. That’s probably due to the fact that I stick to the eating plan MOST (not all) of the time! I have to sample things that I make, you know… 😉
It’s especially difficult to be on any diet when you have a family to cook for each night, too. Essentially, dinners need to be either low carb or low fat to be “on plan.” I would hear some mumbling over some of the dinners I tried out on them, but NOT this one! It’s so much healthier than a traditional eggroll because there’s no deep fried wrapper!
One of the amazing women in the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook group created the idea for this recipe, and it has been one of my favorite dinners to make ever since! My version below is quite a bit simpler, and it really does taste like an eggroll in a bowl! I would make sure you use low sodium soy sauce, because the sausage is quite a bit salty on its own.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 bag dry coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- sliced green onion
- In a large, deep skillet, brown sausage.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, and ginger; set aside.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add dry coleslaw mix to skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into the skillet and stir,
- continuing to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cabbage is wilted,
- but still a bit crunchy. Serve with sliced green onion.
You can find complete recipes of this eggroll in a bowl – video in mostlyhomemademom.com