Today is a great day. It’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!
So what exactly does that mean? Well, it means you are about to be blown away by chocolate and peanut butter recipes (never a bad thing). I’ve joined forces with 31 fellow bloggers to showcase these tasty ingredients all on the same day. My girls Carla from Chocolate Moosey and Miriam from Overtime Cook are orchestrating the whole event, and we want you to join in on social media using #chocPBday, grab more delicious recipe on the Chocolate PB Pinterest board, and best of all… enter to win 1 of 3 prize packs from OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. in the giveaway below (find it below the recipe)!
But first… Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake.
Here’s the deal with this cake – it ain’t purtty.
It’s meant to look like a peanut butter earthquake has come in and wreaked havoc on an innocent chocolate cake. All the while, tasting super rich, moist and delicious.
I found it tasted best when it was served warm, a-la-mode style.
The cake is actually super easy to make, and a riff on the classic earthquake cake.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EARTHQUAKE CAKEIngredients
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge cake mix, plus ingredients needed to prepare (eggs, oil, water)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature chocolate peanut butter cups, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package instructions and pour into a lightly greased 9×13 cake pan, DO NOT BAKE – set aside.
- Melt butter on stove top until bubbly. Pour into mixing bowl and beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract, beat till smooth. Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time to bowl, and beat until fully incorporated and mixture becomes light and fluffy.
You can find complete recipes of this CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER EARTHQUAKE CAKE in iwashyoudry.com