Okay, so this is nothing new. I already posted K-bars on the other blog and these are pretty much the exact same thing only with Chex instead of Special K.
I know, I know, you were hoping that for once maybe I would post something “healthy”, but come on. What’s the fun in that?
- 6 cups Rice or Corn Chex (Gluten-free Rice Krispies would probably be good too)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips (sometimes these have hidden gluten in the form of barley, so check the label and
- leave them out if you can’t find GF)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a large round bowl and pour the cereal in. Set aside. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
In a pan on the stove, combine the corn syrup and sugar. Stir over medium high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter. Immediately pour this mixture over the cereal and fold in. Pour into the 9×13 pan.
You can find complete recipes of this Chex Scotcheroos in yammiesglutenfreedom.com